1. Think of words ending in -GRY. Angry and hungry are two of them. There are three words in the English language. What is the third word? The word is something that everyone uses every day. If you have listened carefully, I have already told you what it is.
2. Voices without mouths, throats or lungs; they know no language, but answers all tongues. What are we?
3. Each son in the Smith family has just as many brothers as sisters, but each daughter has twice as many brothers as sisters. How many boys and girls are there in the family?
4. I am the beginning of the end, and the end of time and space. I am essential to creation, and I surround every place. What am I?
5. Which is the odd word out:
Dive Suspect Taste Race Drive Borrow
6. Continue the series: o t t f f s s _ _ _
7. What goes with a car, comes with a car, is of no use to a car, and yet the car cannot go without it?
8. A man and a dog were going down the street. The man rode, yet walked. What was the dog's name?
9. What part of a car is the laziest?
10. If a papa bull eats three bales of hay and a baby bull eats one bale, how much hay will a mama bull eat?
11. When they take out an appendix, it's an appendectomy; when they remove your tonsils, it's a tonsillectomy. What is it when they remove a growth from your head?
12. If you reverse the digits of my age, you have the age of my daughter. A year ago, I was twice her age. How old are we both now?
13. If there are four sheep, two dogs and one shepherd, how many feet are there?
14. Who takes longer to get ready for a trip, an elephant or a rooster?
15. You can find me in darkness but never in light. I am present in daytime but absent in night. In the deepest of shadows, I hide in plain sight.
What am I?
16. A man shaves several times a day and yet he still has a beard.
Who is he?
17. What is the difference between a blind man and a retired sailor?
18. Make just one word from these letters: D, E, J, N, O, O, R, S, T ,U, W.
19. What bird never has to go to the barber?
20. The average distance from the earth to the sun has a specific name. Do you know what it is?